Sunday, April 12, 2015

The difference in one year..

On this date, exactly one year ago, I found out I was pregnant with our first child. I remember it like it was yesterday. I spent the morning shopping for bridesmaid dresses for Jessie's wedding and I didn't feel normal.  I assumed it was all the wine that was consumed the night before because I wasn't late yet.  We were lucky and had only been trying for a few months.  It was a Saturday, I told myself I wasn't going to take a test until Tuesday... I lied. That second line popped up on the test and I was in disbelief.  Even after only a few months you get used to getting your hopes up.  I snapped a pic (obvi) and took it in the living room to Ben.  I imagined all of the ways I would tell my husband I was pregnant... Walking in the living room with a shocked face was not one of them.  I couldn't keep it in.  I tied a ribbon on it and we walked around the corner to the Harmans and I presented it to Kathy as a gift. (Courtney and Mary Beth may or may not have known before I ever left the bathroom) Anywho... Mom and dad were out of town for what seemed like an eternity so I was able to get some onesies made to give to my parents and his mom as an Easter happy. 

Long story short. 

My world was changed on April 12, 2014. The journey seemed like an eternity and the ending was bumpy... But 249 days later I was given the most precious gift.  I am in awe every second I look at her. She is a smiley sweet baby girl, even when she isn't.  My Mollie Kate is a one of a kind doll face.  I am so lucky to be her mom.  

But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God."
Psalm 31:14


No comments:

Post a Comment