Wednesday, December 10, 2014

And the countdown begins...

Well, we had a dr appointment today to find out if we get to meet this baby girl any sooner than her due date. Because let me be perfectly honest, as wonderful of a Christmas gift as Mollie will be for Ben and I, we are ready to meet her, and we would love to be home enjoying her on Christmas, instead of at the hospital...and I'm pretty positive that my (or any) doctor for that matter feels the same way. It looks like if Mollie doesn't come on her own between now and then, we are going to meet her on the 22nd. We would go in the night of the 21st. Ps. Ben gave me Lexi on December 21, 2008 and he gave me my engagement ring when he proposed on December 21, 2012. Maybe Mollie will just come on that day... How sweet would that be!? 

Either way... Do you know what this means??? In 11 days or less, I am officially a mom! I've been a mom to 4 legged babies for quite some time now, but this is the craziest thing ever. Ben is so calm and chill about it. He is so excited to be a dad (as he should be because he was meant to be one...have you seen him with the 3 Harman girls?)  Me, on the other hand... The excitement is huge, gigantic even... But the nervousness is even bigger. I'm preparing myself now to trust my own instincts, take the advice of others, and use it if I want to and ignore it if I don't. I'm so thankful to have the friends, family, and support system that we have. God has surely blessed us. It makes me emotional to think about how little we deserve but how much He provides. I can't wait to hold His little miracle. Because that's exactly what she will be. Anything that can be made in such a glorious way that was designed so perfectly is a miracle. 

Speaking of emotions... I still can't listen to the good ole Christmas songs without bawling my eyeballs out. So, I have to stick with my N*sync Christmas songs... At least if I cry while listening to them, it's simply because I miss the band. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment