Sunday, January 18, 2015

Fruits of the Spirit...fruit of my labor.

find myself stating the fruits of the Spirit in my head on replay recently. As a mom, they are more prominent then ever.
Love. Check.
Peace. Check.
Joy. All the time.
Patience. Needed.
Kindness. Check. (Hard not to be kind with a squishy new baby around.)
Goodness. God's goodness.
Faithfulness. Work in progress... (I will sleep through the night one day, right?)
Gentleness. Check.
Self-control. With God's help. 

It's amazing how as a new mother, these 9 things are ever so important on a daily... No, minute by minute circumstance. So many of them come naturally in motherhood and in life in general, but patience and self control seem to be the hard ones for me at any point in time. I find it difficult to understand why if my child wants her paci so bad, why on Earth does she keep spitting it out and making me put it back in?? Patience. I know it's needed, after all, she is a newborn... That smile she gives me after spitting it out for the 72nd time is not on purpose. It's pure coincidence... Gas and good timing right? :)

I didn't make a New Years resolution for 2015. Sometimes, I forget the year even changed. I'm in my own little mommy/Mollie world and not being at work I never write the date...  maybe my resolution should be to ask God to help me work on the fruits of the Spirit that don't come as easily as the others. Patience with the baby. Patience with myself. Patience with others. Self control with my patience. Self control... What sticks out in my mind is eating.. You mean I can't eat the entire can of cinnamon rolls and all the sonic milkshakes anymore?? Booooo. :)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 
Galatians 5:22-23

Notice the paci?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment