Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Mom life: Having the rebound rate of God

Scene: 3 new pairs of converse shoes are unboxed and the toddler picks the pinks ones out and MUST have them on her feet immediately. She was basically saying, "Mom, I don't have time for this unknot the shoelaces crap, the hardwood is obviously on fire and I need shoes to protect my feet from it." 

Oh. I'm sorry. I'm not moving fast enough for you. Anywho. I got the giant shoe on her cute, giant, size 7 foot. (We all know a size 7 converse looks like a clown foot.) 

So, the shoe is on but heaven forbid I tie the thing. I mean WHY would I even CONSIDER treating that baby that way. Tie her shoe? Her brand new pretty pink shoe that she wanted...no...NEEDED to have on her foot? In my best Pete the Cat voice, "Goodness no!" 

Well, too late. She assumed that my tying the shoe was actually going to set off some sort of missile and destroy the world so of course she flung her hands to her face and fell into the couch with all the drama. 

Incase you were concerned. Eventually I did tie the shoe. Which helped keep them on. And in fact, did not launch a death missile. Oh, and she heard the theme song to Sofia the First so everything was (insert Pete the Cat voice again) "ALL GOOD" in about 2.5 seconds. 

Good thing she's got such a good rebound rate. I mean if she held a real grudge for everything I did that she didn't like... We wouldn't be talking for the next like 65 years. 

I'm replaying it all in my head and thinking, gosh, God has a pretty good rebound rate too. Even better than MK. Because the second I doubt, the second I roll my eyes at someone, the second I sin in any shape, form, or fashion... he has already forgiven me. I could untie my laces all day long and He is not going to care from one minute to the next. My God is going to say, "Hey girl, don't trip, but if you do... I've got your back. I've got a bandaid." 

My prayer tonight is to have the rebound rate of forgiveness and understanding of my 20 month old who teaches me to be more like God every day. She may not like what I do, but she's going to forgive me within like a second. JUST like our God. He made us in His image for a reason. For that, I am thankful. I am able to see Him so much more clearly through her. 

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:27

What I imagine MK saying, "Mom...you're the worst!"
"Nevermind, let's cuddle and watch Disney." 


No comments:

Post a Comment