Sunday, August 21, 2016

Why not more?

So Sunday's are my favorite. I feel the most like myself, the most like the wife, mom, and person God wants me to be on Sunday. I feel the most alive on Sunday. 

I struggle so hard to keep that feeling going all week long. By the end of Monday I am already exhausted and reaching for the weekend. But I find myself NOT reaching for God. But why?  I know why I love Sunday. I relax listening to the word of God. I find joy knowing my baby girl is in a nursery down the hall that she is finally loving and is being loved on by people who love God. 

Here's my question: Why not more? 

I have a bible, I have an app, I have my voice and my thoughts, I have the ability to worship with songs... Why am I not doing more? 

Because life is too busy? Because I have a pity party when I take my kid to the sitter instead of staying cuddled for an extra hour? Excuses. I have so many excuses. And those excuses are getting in the way of me being where I feel most at home... Right in the word of Jesus. 

So going into this new week... I am going to choose more. More time with God. More time digging into the person he wants me to be. More time making sure that sweet child of mine KNOWS without a doubt that her mama loves Jesus. 

Wouldn't it be great if every single day felt easy like Sunday morning? And I think it can. I just need to work on it. 

"Your love never fails"

Nothing can separate
Even if I ran away
Your love never fails

I know I still make mistakes
But You have new mercies for me everyday
Your love never fails


No comments:

Post a Comment