Thursday, March 12, 2015

A letter to my girl...

My sweet angel love, 

   When you were born, my whole world changed in a way I never could have imagined.  My love for you is almost incomprehensible. Don't get me wrong, I have always loved our family, our dogs, and your daddy to the moon and back.  But the love I have for you is so strong that it almost hurts.  My head is always working to make sure you are safe and comfortable. I find my arms reaching out for you when you're in someone else's.  I find myself wanting to cheat the system and instead of laying you back down in your crib, I want to lay you down next to me and snuggle while you will still let me. 
    You see, sweet baby girl, you have defied the odds and made this selfish 20 something into someone and something I never knew I could be so easily. You have been a near perfect baby and by no means am I a perfect mother... But I am yours. And you are mine. And in my eyes, that is perfection.  Sweet angel of mine, please know that as I head back to work, my arms will be around other children, but you have my whole heart wrapped around those tiny fingers of yours. The world is so lucky to have you.  And your daddy and I are by far the luckiest to be able to tuck you in each night and see your smile each morning to start our day.  I know when you grow up, you will move mountains.  But please know this, in just the few short months you have been here, you've accomplished so much and are loved more than words could ever express. 
    My heart, my love, my reason for being a mom, you are a piece of Heaven on Earth.  God is going to do such great things with you and that infectious smile.  I cannot wait to watch each and every one of them.  

With all of my heart,
Your smitten mom

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:14



1 comment: