Friday, March 20, 2015

Let them be little...

Throughout the past 3 months, I have (not so verbally) bragged on what a great baby Mollie Kate is for us.  She basically started sleeping 4-5 hour stretches at one week old and 8-10 hours at night since she was around 6 weeks. I didn't hear her first real cry until she was 7 weeks and even until last week, it only was happening when she was hungry. She gets hangry. She's just like her mother.  Mollie has been an ideal first born.  I know, super annoying, right? I apologize. 

Watching her grow these last 13 weeks has been so rewarding and so indescribable.  I guess because I have seen her grow gradually (okay, let's not lie, you have too. #allthephotos) I don't always notice the major changes.  But this past week, I tried to take it in, and I realized my tiny newborn is not a tiny newborn anymore!! Everything about her seems to have grown up over night! I mean, she can hold her head up so well, and you've seen those cheeks... That's quite an accomplishment. Anyways, my point is, I realize that she is getting bigger. And she realizes it too because she is bored with just sitting around.  She wants to get up and go and she is very frustrated that she in unable to do so.  So, she gets fussy. I'm over here like, "Hey yo, you're such a big girl...why are you crying?" 

Duh.

She's crying because she is 13 weeks old!! It's her job.  She's not grown yet, mama.  Not even close.  

This can be frustrating for her so therefore is frustrating for me.  Like I said, she wants to be able to do what she wants when she wants. But it's not happening anytime soon. And I know that she will be happy when she can crawl all over the place and become a big ball of Rowdy hair... But I want her to be little.  I want to enjoy every second of these moments while she is little.  I have to thank God for this time because although it may be a trying time and a stormy week, it won't last.  In 13 short weeks, she will seem really grown! 26 weeks?? Naw. Ain't nobody got time for that. 

MK, mommy says to stay little. Stay happy. Keep those cheeks as big as you want. They are perfect. You are perfect. 

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14

And though she be but little, she is fierce.  - William Shakespeare 



No comments:

Post a Comment