Saturday, June 6, 2015

Blessings

Baby blessing day...

This past Sunday was baby blessings day at our church. We don't baptize our children at this young of an age in the church I attend. We bless them. We, as parents, get blessed. We went to the front of the church with several other families (a small group as early service sometimes is) and we were challenged with the commitment to raise our daughter in a Godly manner. We were challenged to teach her Gods words and pray with and for her each and every day. 

Our church was challenged as well. To help lead us so that we may lead her. You've heard the saying.. "It takes a church..." 

I have to be honest, I struggle with prayer. Not because I don't believe in it whole heartedly, because I do and not because I don't want to pray. I do. It's something I battle with to improve on a daily basis. 

You see, if you were to look into my heart as God surely can, you would see thankfulness, love, and passion coming from all angles. The problem is, I don't always take the time to say or show these things to my God. He knows that I am thankful for the blessing He has given Ben and I. He knows that I feel a love like none other. But He wants to hear it from my mouth to His ears. And sometimes, life beats me. I get too tired, or too busy, or I simply forget. How silly is that? He doesn't forget to make my heart beat, I shouldn't forget to thank Him for it. 

Luckily, we serve such a forgiving God. He understands that we are sinful and forgetful humans, moms, dads, and everything in between. He still loves us. And I'm sure God is on the edge of His big ole' throne just waiting to hear a simple thank you. 

My prayer is to pray and to teach Mollie to pray. Because we are oh so blessed. And we should say thanks to the one who blesses us. 

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name."
—Psalm 100:4



No comments:

Post a Comment