Sunday, April 23, 2017

Fear not.

Fear not. 


That's what the preacher man said today in church. But in my personal opinion, that's easier said than done when there are so many things in this world to fear. So many things you can't control. So many worries for a mama heart to worry. 


I couldn't help but think of some beautiful friends of mine who recently have endured a unimaginable pain. A pain that I truly cannot comprehend and pray that I will never have to. They have endured this pain with such grace... or at least that's what it looks like from the outside looking in. They have called on our God to help them walk through the fire.


In fact, she recently posted how God definitely gives you more than you can handle. And I believe that.  Today, in church, it was said that in times of pain, you come out changed. You may cling to God or you may pull away...but you are never left the same.  


Scott (our preacher) said this morning that someone's pain is not comparable to someone else's. I'm so glad. Because I have and do experience pain... things that I consider hard and tough, things that make me question God's path. I'm like, "You sure? Did I make a wrong turn somewhere.. this can't be what you had in mind..." But if we were comparing my "pain" to the pain others are feeling at this moment... it's nothing. But then again, it's pain just the same. The suffering of this couple has brought me to my knees pleading for God to show up. As a result, I crave him. Which I think is the point... 


Fear not. 


Bold words. 


But my God is bolder. 


You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. —PSALM 16:11 


Darling, may you always be fearless. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment